This blog explores Action Read's work. We believe that paths are made by walking, and that taking the next step is what builds confidence! Let us know how we can help you take the next step toward your learning goal.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Malignant Hyperthermia
What is Malignant Hyperthermia? When I first heard about it is when my wife told me she had it. When I asked her what it was she told me that it had something to do with the anesthesia that the doctors use in operations. When I heard that, it got me curious so I looked it up on the web. Malignant Hyperthermia effects 1in 5.000 to 50.000 people. It causes a severe reaction when anesthesia is given to someone. There is an allergic reaction to it. It happens when particular drugs are used in surgery or other invasive procedures. Nearly all gas anesthesia are Neuromuscular blocking agents. These drugs they make it difficult to put out carbon dioxide and take in oxygen quickly enough which could lead to circulatory collapse and eventually death if not treated. MH is often inherited but people don’t know they have it until they have surgery. I think it is important that people know about it. I know a lot more now then I did. When I first started this piece I didn’t know much now I’m a little more informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment