By Andy Saunders
Hi folks, Andy here. I have been wanting to quite smoking for along time. I have tried several times to stop in the past. One of the thing’s I tried was the patch but it didn’t work for me. Another thing I did was doing it cold turkey but that was a bust oh well. I just gave up for a few years until one day in September I got a doctor at the Dawson Medical Clinic. When he went on his computer I saw a group that was all about quitting smoking and I said to him ah a Quite smoking group interesting. He asked me if I was interested and I said yes so he sighed me up for it. A few weeks went by and I got a call from a person who was running it and she told me it was a six week course and it started on November the 6th at 6:30pm so I went and it was great. We where all given folders with information in it. She told us about the heath risk’s as well as doing some changes with our habits. She also told us what other things we will be learning in the weeks to come. One of the things we where told to do was to keep a record of how many cigarettes we have in a day and who we where with , what we where doing and what we where feeling at the time like from one to ten. When it was over and I got home I looked at the folder. When I opened it there was a piece of paper that caught my eye it was about changing some of my habits. One was to put less cigarettes in my pack or holder another was to wait to have one for half an hour when I woke up in the morning. I tried doing both of those things the next day I started to put one less in my holder as well as waiting fifteen to thirty minutes after I woke up. It was hard at first but it got easier after a week or two. So now I’m putting eighteen instead of nineteen and I’m going to decrees it by one a week and so far I have decreased my smoking by quite a bit.
That’s it for know stay tuned for further updates. Ta ta for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment