We continue to plan
events and workshops for volunteers and learners. In May, volunteers attended a
“Journaling’ workshop presented by local writer, facilitator and therapist
Melinda Burns. Our picnic in June and games night in August were well attended.
We have scheduled a Volunteer Tutor walk along the Royal Recreational Trail in
October as well as ‘Reading Comprehension Strategy’ volunteer workshop for
November.
On April 19 at a ceremony at the Concordia Club in
In the past year we
have had several volunteer recruitment opportunities. I attended The
Co-Operators 2012 Volunteer Fair during Volunteer Appreciation week, and put
together a poster display in the front window of the Guelph Wellington
Volunteer Centre in recognition of our Action Read volunteers. Along with our
ongoing volunteer recruitment ads on CFRU Radio and the Guelph Wellington
Volunteer Centre website, I have also advertised in the “One Thousand Tree”
monthly newsletter that is published on their website. I continue to attend the
Spring and Fall Inter(act) & Micro-volunteerism Fairs at the University of Guelph .
Last, but certainly
not least, I would like to congratulate all the learners who have achieved
their goals (both big and small) in 2011-2012 and a BIG thank you to all the
Action Read volunteers who helped to make it happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment