![]() |
| Cassi |
Action
Read was first recommended to me three years ago by my job coach. Since being
here, I have participated in a variety of roles. I am a learner, front desk volunteer and a
learner representative on the Board of Directors. The most surprising experience
I had when first coming to Action Read, was how much I enjoy math. I never
expected that I would like it let alone find it fun. It turned out I did! The most rewarding
experience I’ve had since coming to Action Read was last year when I won the
Doris Middleton Memorial Award. At the time, I had no idea I had won, so
receiving the award was an extremely exciting moment. The award is given to
women that have overcome challenges in their lives. I am much more outgoing and
self-confident. With the confidence I
have gained, I am planning to get my GED to go to school for social work.
Currently I share my story at different events in the community. I am also
proud to be United Way Agency speaker during their campaign. My dream is to work with troubled youth to
help them see that there’s hope in the future. To help get my story heard, I am
currently writing about it to prove to others that there can be a happy ending.


No comments:
Post a Comment