As a learner I frequently benefit from the efforts of the many volunteers here at Action Read. It is a volunteer who has made sure there is coffee when I am on a break, it is a volunteer who calls me with reminders of special events and holiday schedules. It is a volunteer who gives me the warm welcome every time I enter the centre or sends me off with well wishes for the rest of my day when I leave. I think my tutor, who is also a volunteer knows how thankful I am for the input his efforts are having in my life. But some of the other volunteers (especially the ones behind the scenes like the ones doing dishes after our Christmas party) I have probably never thanked personally.
Volunteer Appreciation week reminds me to do this.
The photo is of an award that was made by a learner to show special appreciation for her tutor. You may want to consider doing something special for your tutor this week. Me—I’m going to surprise my tutor by completing my homework this week!

No comments:
Post a Comment